How to get water out of your ear quickly and safely
Normally after swimming or taking a bath, water will be trapped inside your ears. However, it might happen some other times as well. It is perfectly natural that the water will sooner or later drain out of the ear. However, in some other cases, when it does not, there might be the trigger for a type of infection which is called swimmer’s ear.
A person who experiences water trapped inside his ears may feel a tickling sensation that comes from the throat as well. In some serious cases, there might be issues related to hearing. Therefore, people should prevent putting anything such as pens, bobby pins, fingers or cotton – tipped swabs into the ears because these tools may damage your ears tissue and raise the risk of getting ear infections as well. So it is highly recommended that you follow these below remedies to get the water out of your ear as soon as possible.
How you should prevent water to come inside your ear:
The best way to prevent the water from being trapped inside your ear is that you should wear a cap or use ear plugs when swimming or bathing. Alternatively, you may use a dry tower to clean the ears after bath or swimming. It is recommended by doctors that those play water sport or those are usually in water should wear earplugs or caps.
Why you should get water out of the ear as soon as possible?
If water is trapped in the ear for a long period, one may develop an ear infection. Generally, the infection is caused by bacteria which normally found in polluted water.
If you suspect the signs of ear infection, you should probably go to see doctor as soon as possible. It is reported that people are more prone to ear infection if they are playing water in place such as a lake or river because that water contain more bacteria than swimming pools. Swimming pools are much safer since the bacteria and pH levels are regularly checked. In addition, the risk of developing swimmer’s ear may also rise for people who suffer from chronic skin condition of the ear like eczema or psoriasis. The ear has a few defense mechanism to prevent infections, however when these defenses are collapsed, the infection may invade. Excess moisture, scratches or cuts in ear canal and allergies can lead to infection as well.
Here are numerous ways to get the water out of the ear in the safest way it might be.
- Tilt your head on one side and tug or jig the earlobe so that water can gradually flow out of the ear. Alternatively, you may try to shake your head from one side to another to get rid of the trapped water.
- The second method is that you may create a vacuum by tilting your head on one side and keeping a palm cupped over the ear to let the water escape. By quickly flattening and cupping the palm towards the ear, the vacuum is effective in creating a force to pull the water out.
- You might want to apple heat compress to the ear. The compress should be done in the intervals of half an hour and it should take a break about 1 minute before being repeated for 4 – 5 times. Remember to lie down on the side of the ear gets water trapped so that the water may drain out faster.
- Evaporating the trapped water is another effective way to get rid of water in the ear. Ones should set the blow dryer at the lowest level and keep it 10 – 12 cm away from the ear. By tugging the earlobe while moving the dryer in the rounding motion, the heat from the dryer will dissolve the water.
- When other remedies are not effective, you may want to add some alcohol and vinegar together to create a solution. Drop some of them into your ears so that the alcohol helps you to evaporate the water while the vinegar will kill the bacteria in case they can create ear infection. Using a sterile dropper, you may put 2 – 3 drops of this fluid into their ear. Wait for 30 seconds and tilt your head sideways to let the solution drain out.
- Alternatively, you can dilute hydrogen peroxide ear drops with some water. It should be 3 – 4 drops of the solution to get rid of trapped water. After 1 – 2 minutes or more, you can tilt your head with the affected side is heading towards the floor so that the water being trapped may drain out.
- Another warm compress is that soaking a clean cloth in warm water. Squeeze out the excessive water and hold it towards the affected ear while put your head with the affected side heading downward.
Hope you can apply these methods to get water out of your ear as safe as possible.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- how to get water out of your ear that won’t come out
- how to get water out of your ear without alcohol
- How to get water out of your ear
- how to get water out of your ear after swimming
- how to get water out of your earbuds
- how to get water out of your ear drum
- how to get water out of your ear with a blow dryer
- how to get water out of your ear reddit
- how to get water out of your ear that is stuck
- how to get water out of your ears quickly