So finally there is good news for all the caffeine lovers. There was too much hype throughout the ages and warnings on how coffee poses a risk to our health because of the fact that it contains caffeine. But a few recent studies and surveys have finally concluded that coffee can reduce the mortality rate along with lowering the risks of cancer.
A recent study conducted on the adult citizens of the United States of America concluded that coffee lowers the mortality rate. Researchers studied the daily coffee consumption of involved participants, along with their normal food smoking and drinking habits. More than half a million people participated in this study. Researchers then analyzed the death of people under study and the causes behind it.
It was evident that people who did not smoke and had a cup of coffee daily had minimized their death risk by seven percent than those who did not drink coffee. Further, people who drank between two to four cups a day had a nine percent decrease in death rate and people with more than five cups a day had a staggering fourteen percent in their bag.
A doctoral student from Harvard who was associated with this survey found out that drinking coffee can prevent people from suffering from diabetes type-2 along with various heart problems.
The major revelations of the research
- Coffee reduces the risks of heart issues by 10 percent.
- The risk of suffering from neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease is lowered between 20 – 35 percent.
- Also in terms of suicide, people who drank a cup of coffee daily had 30 percent fewer chances of committing suicide than people who drank less than that.
Whether the coffee is normal or decaf, it lowered the rate of mortality. This happens because of the many chemicals present in coffee and how they have an effect on our body for the better. The types of the chemical compounds present in coffee as include Chlorogenic acid, Trigonelline, Magnesium, Lignans, and Quinides.
It was concluded that it is because of these compounds that inflammation is not seen in the body. Chlorogenic acid is an antioxidant which reduces the heart diseases and occurrence of diabetes. Lignans on the other hand help in reducing cancer risks and breast cancer in particular. Quinides enhance the insulin action in the human body. As mentioned, coffee reduces the risk of having neurological diseases all due to the presence of Trigonelline in it.
Further, a research published in the New England Journal of Medicine also concluded that coffee consumption reduces the risk of death.
Lowering the risks of cancer, coffee does so due to the presence of antioxidants in it. Also the more coffee one drinks (read: four to five cups), the more it reduces the risk.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer after making various studies has put coffee in group 3 from group 2B, where group 3 denotes that coffee is non-carcinogenic and group 2B denotes its possibly carcinogenic nature. Therefore, the age-old notion that coffee causes cancer is a myth now. They also inferred that coffee drinkers are less likely to get affected by cancer than non-coffee drinkers. This is perhaps because the antioxidants that coffee contains kill the cancer cells.
The positive benefits of coffee on human health
- Studies show that drinking more than three cups of coffee a day will reduce the risk of oral cancer by about 35 percent.
- Women will get less affected by uterine cancer if they have at least two cups of coffee daily. Similarly, drinking more than 5 cups of coffee a day for men will decrease prostate cancer by almost 45 percent.
- In terms of reducing the risk of brain cancer, 4 cups of coffee a day is a must.
- Colon cancer risk is lowered by drinking at least a cup of coffee a day. People who are already affected by colon cancer can reduce the risk of bowel cancer by 30 percent by drinking three cups of coffee daily after surgery. This study is also supported by many other surveys.
- In women, breast cancer risk is reduced by drinking two cups of coffee. Also if along with coffee, the breast cancer medicines are consumed together, it reduces the chances of breast cancer by more than 50 percent. This survey was conducted among the patients in Sweden.
- One cup of coffee reduces the risk of liver cancer. Hepatocellular carcinoma is a type of liver cancer whose occurrence can be reduced by 25 percent with two or more cups of coffee a day.
- A recent study in the United States of America it is found out that drinking coffee about two cups daily can reduce the risk of endometrial cancer which is so prone in the country.
- A journal known as the Experimental Hematology & Oncology published that the caffeine in the coffee contains some proteins which attack the cancer cells in the lungs and stops it from growing.
- Melanoma, a type of skin cancer can be prevented by regular consumption of coffee as stated after a survey conducted by the National Cancer Institute.
The world health organization has also taken back its statement which concluded that coffee is a possible carcinogen. It has also said that that due to the various proteins in caffeine and antioxidants contained in coffee reduces the risk of many types of cancer. But one must be careful to not to drink sizzling coffee because it could increase the risk of throat cancer.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- coffee benefits liver
- coffee benefits and side effects
- Coffee Benefits
- coffee benefits for men
- coffee benefits for face
- coffee benefits reddit
- coffee benefits for hair
- coffee benefits and cons
- coffee benefits 2017
- coffee benefits skin