The most frequent skin condition and how they can be treated are discussed below :
1- Eczema (dermatitis):
It is a skin condition which is no respecter of age and sex. It can be uncomfortable as its make the skin hot and itching. Causes of eczema include irritation, allergic reaction, and hereditary condition.
Treatment of eczema
- It can be treated with steroids to reduce inflammation and cream to reduce itching and dryness.
- Consulting physicians is the best option to correctly diagnose and treat cases of eczema efficiently.
Acne is the collective term used to describe whitehead, pimples, minor blackhead, minor lumps etc. Majorly, acne problems occur during adolescence, it occur in both males and females but severe in males than females and may cause scars. It usually occurs in females during hormonal shifts (menstrual circle).
Treatment of acne
- Changes in eating habit can reduce acne.
- Treating acne inflammatory at the onset will prevent or decrease scaring.
- Using a night cream for acne prone skin.
- Consulting a physician can be prescribed as the most effective treatment.
this is a chronic skin and eyes condition. People with this condition experience redness of skin and pimples in the advanced stages. People with this condition experience facial flushing and swelling or burning. Outbreak of rosacea occurs around the facial areas.
Causes of Rosacea
- Heat exposure
- Strenuous exercise
- Alcohol consumption and spicy food
Treatment of Rosacea
- Antibiotics are generally used to regulate the condition.
- Laser surgery options are available for more severe cases.
4. Skin cancer
There are three forms of skin cancer which are basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and malignant melanoma. Anyone can be diagnosed with any of these as it has no respect for age or sex.
Causes of Skin Cancer
- Over exposure to the sun
- Tanning booths can increase the risk
Symptom of skin cancer
- Changes in shape and sizes of spot on skin
- Changes in colour of your skin
- Sensitivity and discomfort of your body.
Treatment of skin cancer
Early detection of skin cancer can be treated. Basal cell carcinoma is the most prevalent form of skin cancer. The failure to treat it early can cause serious damage to the tissue and bone. Squamous cell carcinoma often appears on the face and surrounding areas it appears in form of white or red lumps on the skin. At a time it appears as waxy or shiny patches. It can also be life threatening as it can spread to the internal organs.
Malignant melanoma is by far the deadliest form of skin cancer treatment.
- The doctor can surgically excise cancerous flesh and then reconstruct the area.
- But if the cancer is larger or has spread to other part of the body, radiation therapy and surgery may be recommended.
- Chemotherapy has been successful in eradicating cancerous cell.
- Consult your physicians for effective treatment.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disorder that creates itching, red marks on the body. Psoriasis is not contagious though but has hereditary connection. It is not a life threatening condition. It is usually caused by cuts, dry skin infection, scratches, lack of sun exposure and certain medication. Psoriasis affects the same areas repeatedly and these areas are usually elbows, arms, knees and legs. One needs to consult the physician for diagnosis and treatment which is best for you. Some of the treatments include steroids, oils, and medications, light therapy and so on.