Natural Fibromyalgia Treatments
The pain of fibromyalgia is chronic as there is still no cure and also the cause is unknown yet. Fibromyalgia can be explained as a pain of soft-tissue which results in weakness, sleeping disturbances and severe fatigue. The nature of this pain is non-inflammatory. Symptoms of fibromyalgia can range from severe to mild and have different effects on different people affected with it. Many people take medications such as Cymbalta, Savella or Lyrica for treating their symptom. While intake of these drugs may provide relief for some time, they are not considered to be a permanent cure. To counter this impact, natural fibromyalgia treatments are useful which are mentioned as follows:
• Vitamin D: Vitamin D is also rendered to be sunshine vitamin. People affected with fibromyalgia are diagnosed to have low levels of vitamin D and magnesium; however, as of now, there is no evidence that vitamin supplements can become a cure for fibromyalgia. Vitamin D holds some impact on the muscle and nerve function and there are some studies which suggest that low levels of vitamin D can lead to the chronic pain of fibromyalgia.
• Acupuncture: Acupuncture is the oldest way of treating chronic pains and has its basis on ancient Chinese medication practices. Several studies indicate towards the usefulness of acupuncture for treating the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Though, for some time, the patient is relieved from the pain however, the results are not long-lasting.
• S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for treating fibromyalgia: SAMe is a naturally occurring substance within human body and plays a vital role in most of the body processes. Medical experts render it to be a pain reliever and are also associated with relieving depression along with treating osteoarthritis. There are several studies that indicate the use of SAMe may reduce the levels of fibromyalgia and its symptoms of fatigue, pain and stiffness.
• Massage therapy: Another natural remedy for fibromyalgia is massage therapy and is being most commonly form of treatment by fibromyalgia patients. Massage is very helpful for several types of muscle pains including fibromyalgia.
• Capsaicin Application: Capsaicin is obtained from pepper plants and is used as a natural pain reliever. In many over-the-counter lotions and sprays, it is a very active ingredient. When it is applied to a particular body part, a body chemical is released which is called substance P. Capsaicin is presently being used to treat cancer, diabetes and cluster headaches and is also being temporarily used to relieve the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
• Biofeedback: Biofeedback is an alternative natural therapy which makes use of the mind-body connection which is helpful in controlling pain along with the power of your mind. Feedback is obtained in the form of muscle tension, brain wave measurements or skin temperature. Biofeedback is very useful in curing painful conditions when it is used with other therapies as well.
There are several natural upper cervical health centers where people affected with fibromyalgia are being treated. These centers provide effective health care services along with professional, educated and experienced staff so that fibromyalgia is treated effectively.