Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Mention sexually transmitted disease (STD) and the first thing that comes to mind is the dreaded HIV/AIDS. However, STD is not limited to HIV alone. There are quite a number of them that cause problems for sexually active individuals. You would be surprised to know that the US tops the industrialized world in sexually transmitted disease statistics with an estimated 15.3 million new cases being reported each year (1)!
Simply stated, STD is an infection or disease passed from person to person through sexual contact (1). This sexual contact is not limited to sex organs alone; you can get it through anal or oral sex too. You can also get some, like trichomoniasis, through genital contact with damp or moist items, like wet clothing, towels or toilet seat (1).
Causes of STD
STDs are caused by bacteria, viruses and fungus and are usually transmitted by sexual activity with an infected person. With the exception of viral infections, like genital herpes, genital warts, hepatitis and HIV infection (AIDS), most STDs can be cured (2). However, you have to get the treatment immediately on occurrence. Any delay can go on to cause serious medical problems.
Symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases
Wondering how to know if you have STD? Your physician is competent enough to do a sexually transmitted disease testing . Men and women display different symptoms. Men may experience discharge from the penis, burning sensation while urinating, and sores on or around the penis, or in the anus (2). Women may experience unusual vaginal discharge and intense itching, stomach cramps not related to menstrual cycle and sores on or inside the vagina or anus (2). However, some can be infected without even knowing it!
Types of sexually transmitted diseases
The various sexually transmitted diseases are listed below, click on each for details for symptoms and their treatment:
a. Candidiasis: Healthy women normally carry a small amount of yeast fungus in the vagina. When this fungus grows and increases in number, it may cause vaginal itching, burning, discharge and pain while having sex. Candidasis is not usually dangerous.
b. Chlamydia: This bacterial disease, acquired by direct sexual contact with an infected person, can cause a serious infection of the womb and tubes called pelvis inflammatory disease in women that can lead to sterility and tubal pregnancy. In men, it can infect the urinary tract.
c. Genital herpes: Genital herpes, a viral infection, is usually acquired through direct sexual contact with an infected person. It causes blister-like sores that may be accompanied by fever, joint pain, flu-like signs, and the like. You can stay infected for life and suffer repeated attacks.
d. Genital warts: Genital warts are caused by human papillomavirus through sexual contact with an infected person. These common skin wart look-alikes appear on the genital area and around the anus. Certain types of warts are linked to an increased risk of cancer of the cervix (3).
e. Gonorrhea: This serious bacterial infection is acquired by direct contact with sexual fluids of an infected person. Men may experience discharge from penis or burning sensation and women, vaginal discharge and irritation or pain, while passing urine.
f. Hepatitis B: This viral infection of the liver is common and causes tiredness, loss of appetite, stomach discomfort and yellow skin. The virus is found in blood, semen, vaginal fluids and saliva. It is the only disease that has a safe and effective vaccine.
g. HIV/AIDS: One STD that many people are in constant fear of is HIV/AIDS. It is a fatal disease, although new ways of treatment can significantly prolong an infected person’s life. Unlike other STDs, this disease generally shows no symptoms for the first few years. So, HIV testing is the only certain way to know if you are infected.
h. Syphilis: Syphilis is spread by genital, anal or oral sex with an infected person. The first sign is a painless sore that soon turns into a body rash. If left untreated, the symptoms go away within six months , but the germs continue to spread. After years, syphilis can become serious enough to cause heart disease, brain damage or death.
i. Trichomoniasis: This is a very common vaginal infection acquired by direct sexual contact with an infected person. Many women and men show no symptoms, but some women may experience increased vaginal discharge with foul odor and changed color. This disease is not dangerous, but very uncomfortable.
Prevention of sexually transmitted disease
The only certain way of preventing STDs is by not having sex! Well, if this is asking for too much, you can lower this risk by limiting your sex partners. If you do indulge in love play with a casual acquaintance be sure he or she is not suffering or being treated for an STD.
In any case, always use safe sex methods like washing genitals with soap and water before sex and urinating soon after to clean away the germs, before they have a chance to infect. Use of condoms for sex just cannot be ignored. Use them even for oral and anal sex.
Nervous system is multi-faceted, extremely specialized network that organizes, explains as well as directs interaction between you as well as the world that surrounds you. Nervous system controls:
- Hearing, sight, smell, taste as well as sensation
- Involuntary and voluntary functions like movement, coordination and balance. This system also controls the actions of some other body system like blood pressure and blood flow.
- The capability to reason and think, your nervous system permits you to become conscious and have thought, language and memories.
Among the dreadful psychological disorders, stress and anxiety can be given humongous credit. The incidences of stress and anxiety are quite higher in the developed countries. Dissatisfaction and over-expectations in personal and professional lives are the main causes of stress and anxiety. In the outer world, stress, anger, jealousy occur but individuals but they usually end up getting severely affected by it rather than finding a solution to get rid of these negativities.
In today’s world, almost everyone has got the “born to conquer” attitude. There are hardly people who are willing to accept their failures or learn from them. That is why, it is very common to find dissatisfied individuals around. People take their failures and get doomed thinking of the fact they could not achieve their goals, monitory satisfaction, political powers or higher recognition in the society.
Stress and anxiety are explained as causative factors for various ailments. A positive approach in life helps a person to reach pristine heights but a depressed mind brings many diseases apart from the feeling of negativity.
What are the symptoms of stress?
- The primary symptom of stress is the lack of concentration that makes all tasks hugely difficult. There is always a negative feeling which makes things appear much tougher than they really are. Memory power is also weakened due to stress.
- The emotional symptoms include short temper, constant irritability, excessive depression, confining self to loneliness, grimness.
- Physical symptoms include—diarrhoea, nausea, pains, racing heart-beat, sleeplessness, breathing trouble, hypertension, and decreased immunity.
If you ever feel overwhelmed by stress, focus on your awareness on how the body works. Do not try to meddle with anything. Simply observe these things:
- Have you lost your interest in work?
- Do you have butterflies in the stomach?
- Is your mind racing fast?
- Does your heart beat fast?
All of these are the natural responses of the body to stress.
Anxiety- Anxiety is a simple term used for the combination of worry and nervousness. Though anxiety appears to be a temporary state of nervousness of mind, its effect can lead to severe complications like—depression, psycho-somatic disorders etc. In the present lifestyle, busy life, competition, eager to beat the challenges, micro-family, staying away from home, weekend parties etc. contribute to anxiety. Ayurveda emphasises that food habits play a significant role in the origin of anxiety. According to Ayurveda, both Vayu and Pitta are aggravated which lead to the instability of the Doshas in their sites which further causes altered or extravagant functions of the sense organs.
Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety includes proper assurance in any kind of psychological illness. Proper assurance helps to get rid of the false believes and also modifies the way of thinking. It builds the confidence of the individual, hence, anxiety is reduced. Medicines which calm the mind and pacify Vata-Pitta are highly beneficial.
Top 7 Herbs to combat stress and anxiety
As per Ayurveda, when the functions of Vyan Vayu, Sadhak Pitta, Tarpak Pitta, Prana Vayu get disturbed, it affects the mental abilities. In such conditions, herbs under “Medhya Category” are helpful to relieve stress and anxiety related problems without any side effects.
1. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) — The herb Ashwagandha acts as an adaptogen. An adaptogenic herb means an agent that improves the body’s natural ability to fight emotional and physical stress. The active constituents found in Ashwagandha are known for stress attenuating activity. Cortisol is a hormone that induces stress. Ashwagandha delays the release of cortisol by the adrenals, which prevents the negative effect of long term cortisol production and prevents exhaustion of adrenals. This has direct anti-stress effect, recognized by the scientists.
2. Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) — This herb promotes awareness and relaxation thus calms the mind. Jatamansi is the best herb for nervous disorders. It calms the muscles and reduces spasms and is also effective in relieving stress and strain during menopause.
3. Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) -– Shankhpushpi is a common Ayurvedic herb used for various mental disorders, depression etc. It aids in improving memory and strength. Hence, also useful in Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, students seeking memory improvement. It enhances mood and relieves anxiety. As per Charak Samhita 1.3, regular intake of 2-3 grams of Shankhpushpi works as an excellent brain tonic. It is helpful in treating shivering, confusion, memory problems, anxiety and stress.
4. Brahmi (Bacopa monneiri) -– Brahmi is used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 3000 years. It is classified as “Medhya Rasayana” in Ayurveda. The herb has been mentioned in Charak Samhita since 6th century which has been recommended in formulations for curing mental conditions including anxiety, poor cognition, and it acts as an energiser for the brain as well as the heart.
5. Vacha (Acorus calamus) -– Vacha is mainly used for speech related disorders. This herb alleviates Vata and Kapha doshas but aggravates the Pitta dosha. It enhances the memory of the person. Regular intake of this herb improves the memory. It has a mild sedative action and can be used in epilepsy also.
6. Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) -– It is classified under the Brahmi family for its brain enhancing and anti-aging properties. It is also known as the elixir of life. The leaves of this herb look like the cerebellum and are used for promoting intellectual abilities and the roots resemble the torso of human body are used for curing various psycho-somatic ailments. In addition to its uses in psycho-somatic disorders, gotu kola is also used for treating chronic and degenerative diseases.
7. Pushkarmool (Inula racemosa) -– This plant is useful in conditions like—anxiety, breathing difficulties etc.
In addition, herbs like – jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus), Hing (asafoetida), cumin seeds are useful in stress associated with gastric symptoms, bloating, anorexia etc. as these herbs improve digestive strength and increase the rate of metabolism.
Apart from herbs, Meditation and Pranayama are also very helpful in coping stress and anxiety. Meditation is a process of becoming witness to the inner phenomenon where thoughts gradually stop overpowering you. Meditation helps in developing immunity against stress, restoring the body to its normal operating conditions. For quick reduction in stress and to get a calm mind, increase the time period of Meditation.
Author Bio -– This article is written by DR. Vikram Chauhan (MD – AYURVEDA). He is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda (Ancient healing treatment), not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic and Krishna Herbal Company.
There are while range of Diseases, Disorders & Injuries that may result from human activities. Some of the common diseases range from asthma, farmer’s lung, carpal tunnel syndrome, cancer, HIV, flu, Tuberculosis, Heptavirus, Hepatitis A, B and C, cold and others.
Some Common Injuries You Need To Know
Some of the most common injuries include: sharp object/ needle injuries, Injuries from exposure to carcinogen, Burns, Keloids and Scars, Stretch marks and bedsores, calluses and others
Some Disorders Common among People
Diseases, Disorders & Injuries can be in any parts of the body as well as in the organs. Some common disorders include: Skin disorders such as Acne, Eczema, Nervous system and brain disorders and other neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Parkinson, Stroke and lots more.
Are you looking for the way to avoid injury on your knees and joint while you lift heavy weight? You should go ahead and buy weight lifting knee sleeves made with high quality material. The best of this item is the neoprene knee sleeve as it is built to offer users comfort and warmth on the joint. That means you will start to carry heavier weight more than ever when you get high quality knee support brace. The quality of the material used in production of this brace is among the reasons why you need to go for it. It will definitely offer you what you want and even enhance your comfort and performance in weight lifting, squatting and lots more.
Get Knee Sleeve for Crossfit Here without Stress
The knee sleeve for crossfit offered on this site is made with 7mm neoprene material which made it the best. It is also one of the best lifting knee sleeves you need to have as a weight lifter mostly when you want to start carrying heavier weight. Another thing this brace is equally among the best knee sleeve for squat in case you want to embark on squatting exercise and others. The knee sleeves for squatting offered on this site is just what you need to ensure comfort, safety and enhance your performance in weight lifting. Just order for knee sleeve for squats here and you will have it delivered to your doorstep.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- knee support brace
- hinged knee brace
- knee braces for sale
- braces for donjoy knee
- knee brace pictures
- best knee brace
- knee brace reviews
- when to wear a knee brace
- best knee strap
According to psychological researches up to 7% to 12% of married, unmarried and well educated people are suffering from social anxiety also known as social phobia or fear of being judged. This abnormality is defined as intense and persistence fear of social interaction that always gets strong with time. In fact, this is one of the most popular mental disorders and can be found in different parts of the world. People who are suffering from this always torment themselves asking how questions about how other people perceive them likely negatively with criticism.
Some Causes of Fear of Being Judged
There are lots of things that can cause social phobia but the most popular causes are:
- Lots of requirement from child or strict parenting
- Frequent conflicts or lack of social approval
- Somatic diseases
- Negative relationship experience with the opposite gender
The Likely Treatment For Fear Of Being Judged
Indeed, social phobia is a serious disorder that can deny one opportunity of expressing him or herself in the public even among the highly educated people. Some likely treatments for fear of being judged include:
- The Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Pharmacological treatment with Antidepressants, 5-HT1A receptor agonists and Benzodiazepines
You find this article by searches related to following terms
- fear of being judged
- fear of being judged phobia name
- fear of being alone
- fear of being judged phobia
- fear of judgment phobia
- fear of judgement name
- fear of being judged quotes
- fear of judgement quotes
- fear of judgement bible
Being overweight idoes not only result to lifestyle dseases such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer and others but also can easily dampen sexual performance in men. The problem is al many and they include lack of sexual stamina, hormonal imbalance and sexual dysfunction. Another problem is that most medicines taken to cure overweight related diseases are known to have serious negative effect in libido. That just made the entire thing so difficult for those that are overweight to enjoy sex and perform like normal people. However, all hope is not lost as you can still treat sexual problems using a specially formulated medical treatment.
Where You Can Go For Solution to Sexual Problems in Overweight Men
If you are an overweight man and find it difficult to perform normally during sex you are not to bother as the solution you need is available with www.Drugs-med.com. This site is the best place you can find most reliable medical experts that have solution to your sexual problems that occurs as a result of your overweight. Through the site you can equally get high quality treatment that will permanently cure your sexual problems within the shortest of your time. Just check out the content of the site and you will recommend it to your friends.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- treat sexual problems
- how to treat sexual dysfunction from antidepressants
- ayurvedic treatment for sexual problems
- homeopathy treatment for sexual problems
- men sexual problems treatment
- male sexual problems treatment
- female sexual dysfunction treatment
- female sexual dysfunction treatment guidelines
- sexual problems in females
Prosthetic eyes or ocular prosthesis is a process which replaces an absent natural eye. Practices like Esthetic Eyes use highly advanced computer technology which allows an artificial eye to be made, replicating the exact color and natural eye structure. Operating in Southern California for more than fifty years, and with an experienced ocularist like Carole Lewis, they have developed over time and produce the most natural artificial eye along with enhancing the movement, giving it a more natural look.
Prosthetic eyes, although does not allow vision, but has many advantages and their demand is continuously on the increasing. Esthetic Eyes recognizes the importance of having a complete personality and thus caters to the needs of the people. Due to eye loss, trauma or tumor, people lose their eyes which make them feel incomplete and their face becomes disfigured. With the developing technology and the high graphics, Esthetic Eyes, helps to complete their personality in turn boosts their self-esteem and self-confidence.
Ocularists at Esthetic Eyes take every individual into account and use a multi layered technique to produce the perfect glass eye. This eye starts to form the tissues and fit into the eye socket allowing a more natural movement of the eye and better facial movements.
The significance of prosthetic eyes is realized by the team at Esthetic Eyes and due to this their various services also includes Skype consultations and therapy after completion of the surgery. The high importance attached to prosthetic eyes is why Esthetic Eyes keeps developing to ensure the satisfaction of their customers.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- Prosthetic eyes
- prosthetic eye cost
- prosthetic eye that can see
- prosthetic eye movement
- can you see out of a prosthetic eye
- prosthetic eye care
- prosthetic eye for sale
- prosthetic eye surgery
- prosthetic eye infection