This blog post is about the benefits of Marijuana, a topic that we have already discussed on different occasions, we talk about the beneficial effects that cannabinoids have at therapeutic level. Starting from the basis that it is a subject in full development in which more research is needed to obtain conclusive data in the different areas investigated, then we leave 10 scientifically proven therapeutic benefits.
- If you are a woman
- Experiencing similar painful diseases, like arthritis
- Suffering from mood disorders, such as depression or anxiety
- Experiencing emotional or physical abuse
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder
- Lack of regular exercise
- A history of fibromyalgia in your family
What are the symptoms of fibromyalgia?
The most common symptom is an all over body ache. More specifically, common symptoms also include the following:
- Muscular pain, burning sensations, twitching or muscle tightness
- Low pain threshold
- Tender points
- Constant fatigue
- Lack of focus and poor concentration
- Memory issues, otherwise known as ‘fibro fog’
- Restlessness and poor sleeping habits
- Depression, anxiety and worry
Fibromyalgia is similar to bursitis, osteoarthritis, and tendinitis. A key difference though is that fibromyalgia isn’t localized to just one part of your body: the pain is most times experienced throughout your entire body.
- Digestive and stomach pain
- Bloating, constipation and queasiness
- Headache pain
- Dry eyes, mouth, and nose
- Sensitivity to heat, sound, cold and light
- Urinating regularly
- Numbness in your face, hands, legs, and arms
How to diagnosis fibromyalgia
- Antidepressants (amitriptyline, fluoxetine, nortriptyline, duloxetine, and milnacipran)
- Anti-seizure medications (pregabalin and gabapentin)
- Muscle relaxers such as cyclobenzaprine
Some over-the-counter painkillers may be useful as well. Strong medications such as opioids are not looked upon positively due to their health side effects and addictive qualities.
A high protein diet recipe is a recipe for a meal or snack that mostly consists of ingredients that are high in protein. There are several sources for high protein diet recipes. Most of these sources can be found online.
While the combinations of food vary from one high protein diet recipe to another, you may notice that a number of them share common ingredients. They usually include meat such as fish, turkey, lamb, beef and chicken.
Dairy products and animal products are often incorporated in a high protein diet recipe. Examples of these are butter, milk, yogurt, eggs and cheese. Processed meat is also often recommended with ham, bacon and sausages topping the list.
A high protein diet recipe also typically includes beans, peas and whole grains. These are ideal sources of protein for vegetarians.
A High Protein Recipe
One example of a delectable high protein diet recipe is deviled ham and cheese. The main ingredients of this recipe are 2 cups of cheddar cheese and 4 ½ ounces of deviled ham. You may also make use of other kinds of cheese like mozzarella and parmesan. Other ingredients of this high protein diet recipe are two teaspoons of Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon of horseradish and some rye or pumpernickel bread.
Start preparing this dish by preparing the ham spread. Do this by combining the cheddar cheese, deviled ham, mustard and horseradish in a bowl. Then, place the mixture in small jar or bowl. If you want a cool ham spread, then refrigerate if for about three hours. If you choose to serve a hot ham spread, then you just have to spread it on the slices of bread and broil for 5 to 8 minutes or until the spread bubbles.
|Quick and Easy High Protein Breakfast Meal: Peanut Butter Power Porridge|
|3 main ingredients make up this quick high protein breakfast meal: protein powder, quick oatmeal, and peanut butter.|
1 scoop of vanilla protein mix 140
1/4 cup of quick oats 150
2 tablespoons of peanut butter 190
Total Calories 480
Protein 38 g
Fat 20.5 g
Carbs 42 g
Chocolate Peanut Butter Porridge
Use chocolate flavored protein mix instead of vanilla.
Peanut Butter Banana Porridge
Crush or chop up a banana and add it to the mix. This fruity addition will add a valuable 400+ mg of potassium to your meal.
1 gram of protein
0.4 grams of fat
31 grams of carbohydrates
|Add a banana to the peanut butter power porridge to sweeten up the taste and add extra heart healthy potassium for workout recovery.|
Don’t want so many carbs? Cut the banana in half.
Add 1/4 cup of unsalted dry roasted peanuts to the mix.
|Add a banana to the peanut butter power porridge to give it an extra crunch.|
6 grams of protein
13 grams of fat
6 grams of carbohydrates
Among the dreadful psychological disorders, stress and anxiety can be given humongous credit. The incidences of stress and anxiety are quite higher in the developed countries. Dissatisfaction and over-expectations in personal and professional lives are the main causes of stress and anxiety. In the outer world, stress, anger, jealousy occur but individuals but they usually end up getting severely affected by it rather than finding a solution to get rid of these negativities.
In today’s world, almost everyone has got the “born to conquer” attitude. There are hardly people who are willing to accept their failures or learn from them. That is why, it is very common to find dissatisfied individuals around. People take their failures and get doomed thinking of the fact they could not achieve their goals, monitory satisfaction, political powers or higher recognition in the society.
Stress and anxiety are explained as causative factors for various ailments. A positive approach in life helps a person to reach pristine heights but a depressed mind brings many diseases apart from the feeling of negativity.
What are the symptoms of stress?
- The primary symptom of stress is the lack of concentration that makes all tasks hugely difficult. There is always a negative feeling which makes things appear much tougher than they really are. Memory power is also weakened due to stress.
- The emotional symptoms include short temper, constant irritability, excessive depression, confining self to loneliness, grimness.
- Physical symptoms include—diarrhoea, nausea, pains, racing heart-beat, sleeplessness, breathing trouble, hypertension, and decreased immunity.
If you ever feel overwhelmed by stress, focus on your awareness on how the body works. Do not try to meddle with anything. Simply observe these things:
- Have you lost your interest in work?
- Do you have butterflies in the stomach?
- Is your mind racing fast?
- Does your heart beat fast?
All of these are the natural responses of the body to stress.
Anxiety- Anxiety is a simple term used for the combination of worry and nervousness. Though anxiety appears to be a temporary state of nervousness of mind, its effect can lead to severe complications like—depression, psycho-somatic disorders etc. In the present lifestyle, busy life, competition, eager to beat the challenges, micro-family, staying away from home, weekend parties etc. contribute to anxiety. Ayurveda emphasises that food habits play a significant role in the origin of anxiety. According to Ayurveda, both Vayu and Pitta are aggravated which lead to the instability of the Doshas in their sites which further causes altered or extravagant functions of the sense organs.
Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety includes proper assurance in any kind of psychological illness. Proper assurance helps to get rid of the false believes and also modifies the way of thinking. It builds the confidence of the individual, hence, anxiety is reduced. Medicines which calm the mind and pacify Vata-Pitta are highly beneficial.
Top 7 Herbs to combat stress and anxiety
As per Ayurveda, when the functions of Vyan Vayu, Sadhak Pitta, Tarpak Pitta, Prana Vayu get disturbed, it affects the mental abilities. In such conditions, herbs under “Medhya Category” are helpful to relieve stress and anxiety related problems without any side effects.
1. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) — The herb Ashwagandha acts as an adaptogen. An adaptogenic herb means an agent that improves the body’s natural ability to fight emotional and physical stress. The active constituents found in Ashwagandha are known for stress attenuating activity. Cortisol is a hormone that induces stress. Ashwagandha delays the release of cortisol by the adrenals, which prevents the negative effect of long term cortisol production and prevents exhaustion of adrenals. This has direct anti-stress effect, recognized by the scientists.
2. Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) — This herb promotes awareness and relaxation thus calms the mind. Jatamansi is the best herb for nervous disorders. It calms the muscles and reduces spasms and is also effective in relieving stress and strain during menopause.
3. Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) -– Shankhpushpi is a common Ayurvedic herb used for various mental disorders, depression etc. It aids in improving memory and strength. Hence, also useful in Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, students seeking memory improvement. It enhances mood and relieves anxiety. As per Charak Samhita 1.3, regular intake of 2-3 grams of Shankhpushpi works as an excellent brain tonic. It is helpful in treating shivering, confusion, memory problems, anxiety and stress.
4. Brahmi (Bacopa monneiri) -– Brahmi is used in Ayurvedic system of medicine since 3000 years. It is classified as “Medhya Rasayana” in Ayurveda. The herb has been mentioned in Charak Samhita since 6th century which has been recommended in formulations for curing mental conditions including anxiety, poor cognition, and it acts as an energiser for the brain as well as the heart.
5. Vacha (Acorus calamus) -– Vacha is mainly used for speech related disorders. This herb alleviates Vata and Kapha doshas but aggravates the Pitta dosha. It enhances the memory of the person. Regular intake of this herb improves the memory. It has a mild sedative action and can be used in epilepsy also.
6. Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) -– It is classified under the Brahmi family for its brain enhancing and anti-aging properties. It is also known as the elixir of life. The leaves of this herb look like the cerebellum and are used for promoting intellectual abilities and the roots resemble the torso of human body are used for curing various psycho-somatic ailments. In addition to its uses in psycho-somatic disorders, gotu kola is also used for treating chronic and degenerative diseases.
7. Pushkarmool (Inula racemosa) -– This plant is useful in conditions like—anxiety, breathing difficulties etc.
In addition, herbs like – jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus), Hing (asafoetida), cumin seeds are useful in stress associated with gastric symptoms, bloating, anorexia etc. as these herbs improve digestive strength and increase the rate of metabolism.
Apart from herbs, Meditation and Pranayama are also very helpful in coping stress and anxiety. Meditation is a process of becoming witness to the inner phenomenon where thoughts gradually stop overpowering you. Meditation helps in developing immunity against stress, restoring the body to its normal operating conditions. For quick reduction in stress and to get a calm mind, increase the time period of Meditation.
Author Bio -– This article is written by DR. Vikram Chauhan (MD – AYURVEDA). He is an expert Ayurvedic practitioner based in Chandigarh, India and doing his practice in Mohali, India. He is spreading the knowledge of Ayurveda (Ancient healing treatment), not only in India but also abroad. He is the CEO and Founder of Planet Ayurveda Products, Planet Ayurveda Clinic and Krishna Herbal Company.
According to psychological researches up to 7% to 12% of married, unmarried and well educated people are suffering from social anxiety also known as social phobia or fear of being judged. This abnormality is defined as intense and persistence fear of social interaction that always gets strong with time. In fact, this is one of the most popular mental disorders and can be found in different parts of the world. People who are suffering from this always torment themselves asking how questions about how other people perceive them likely negatively with criticism.
Some Causes of Fear of Being Judged
There are lots of things that can cause social phobia but the most popular causes are:
- Lots of requirement from child or strict parenting
- Frequent conflicts or lack of social approval
- Somatic diseases
- Negative relationship experience with the opposite gender
The Likely Treatment For Fear Of Being Judged
Indeed, social phobia is a serious disorder that can deny one opportunity of expressing him or herself in the public even among the highly educated people. Some likely treatments for fear of being judged include:
- The Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Pharmacological treatment with Antidepressants, 5-HT1A receptor agonists and Benzodiazepines
You find this article by searches related to following terms
- fear of being judged
- fear of being judged phobia name
- fear of being alone
- fear of being judged phobia
- fear of judgment phobia
- fear of judgement name
- fear of being judged quotes
- fear of judgement quotes
- fear of judgement bible
Expert witnesses are trained and certified in a particular skill or field and their opinions are accepted as reliable by the judge. Medical experts are a type of expert witness where they undertake cases of negligence and malpractice in the field of medicine. GMS and associates is a company where they provide experts to their client to guide them through the process of reporting and resolving a case of medical issue.
Located in UK, the experts can be contacted through GMS & ASSOCIATES LIMITED. Their care consultancy services includes providing an assessment of the medical guidelines and producing a report to present in front of the court when the medical services are not in line with the rules stated. The expert witness team at GMS and associates are hired due to them passing high eligibility criteria.
With the extensive knowledge in each particular field, these medical expert witnesses are trained to provide their clients with the best services. High value and complex cases are dealt with great scrutiny after which a report is prepared which is based on not only observation, but interviews are also carried out. This further increases the efficiency of these reports and enables the clients to go through a smooth process when filing a complaint against a medical malpractice.
GMS & ASSOCIATES LIMITED have a number of areas of expertise such as special housing needs, tissue viability, neurosurgical care, palliative care and so on. The team of medical expert witness at this company is unique and efficient due to their extensive experience in their respective fields. Each of the expert witness is up to date with the changing guidelines which is why their services are reliable.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- expert witness qualifications
- expert witness examples
- expert witness testimony
- lay witness definition
- expert testimony definition
- expert witness fees
- how to become an expert witness
- expert testimony example
A well created and implement occupational health and wellness program is frequently stated to be helpful for business in addition to being a key legal and social commitment (ensuring that staff members in any size or kind of business go home in the same condition that they concerned work). So-called “best-practice” organizations not just acknowledge the fundamental worth of great Midtown Occupational Health Services, however see that additional efforts to ensure that its individuals are not hurt or get ill at work in any way (even at a small level) is likewise a necessary part of a really outstanding business.
Lots of organizations, and specifically the bigger ones, are anticipated by law in lots of nations, to show ever-higher requirements of business governance around Safety and Risk and greater openness in reportage practices. The combination of operating in a market owned economy, together with a society that is more knowledgeable about dangers, implies that lots of business now therefore understand the considerable gains that can be made from incorporating properly designed OHS efficiency into their larger business model and techniques.
Basic enhancements to workplace security practices can rapidly increase competitiveness, success and the inspiration of staff members. In addition, the application of a new OHS management system can quickly offer an efficient structure to avoid or decrease mishaps and work environment associated ill-health and therefore reveal an instant ROI.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- occupational health services definition
- occupational health services pdf
- occupational health services drug testing
- occupational health services ppt
- occupational health services uk
- occupational health services philippines
- occupational health definition
- occupational health hazards
If you are suffering from any disorder then it is a right time to contact Midtown Inpatient Medicine hospitalist. A physician who works for all day in the hospital is known as hospitalist. You can enjoy best medical services at MiM hospitalist. They offer 24 hour services to take care of their patients. The key features and properties of MiM hospitalist include the following:
- Immediate access to specialist doctors you need
- Regular communication with your care provider
- Full focused on your health progress throughout the hospital system
- 24 hours support and emergency service facility
- Dedicated physician focused service
Health is wealth and there is no substitute of health. You must focus on your health to enjoy long term benefits. The Midtown Inpatient Medicine is a right option for you if you want to maintain health and fitness for a long period of time. You will find all types of specialist doctors and physicians there. You can also make your appointment in advance to avoid from any kind of problem. You just need to visit their website and make your online appointment prior to visit hospital. You will find the services of MiM hospitalist best in the world.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- Midtown Inpatient Medicine
- midtown internal medicine denver
- colorado hospitalist services pllc
- mim doctors
- outpatient medicine
- inpatient care
- internal medicine inpatient vs outpatient
- ins and outs medicine
So finally there is good news for all the caffeine lovers. There was too much hype throughout the ages and warnings on how coffee poses a risk to our health because of the fact that it contains caffeine. But a few recent studies and surveys have finally concluded that coffee can reduce the mortality rate along with lowering the risks of cancer.
A recent study conducted on the adult citizens of the United States of America concluded that coffee lowers the mortality rate. Researchers studied the daily coffee consumption of involved participants, along with their normal food smoking and drinking habits. More than half a million people participated in this study. Researchers then analyzed the death of people under study and the causes behind it.
It was evident that people who did not smoke and had a cup of coffee daily had minimized their death risk by seven percent than those who did not drink coffee. Further, people who drank between two to four cups a day had a nine percent decrease in death rate and people with more than five cups a day had a staggering fourteen percent in their bag.
A doctoral student from Harvard who was associated with this survey found out that drinking coffee can prevent people from suffering from diabetes type-2 along with various heart problems.
The major revelations of the research
- Coffee reduces the risks of heart issues by 10 percent.
- The risk of suffering from neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s disease is lowered between 20 – 35 percent.
- Also in terms of suicide, people who drank a cup of coffee daily had 30 percent fewer chances of committing suicide than people who drank less than that.
Whether the coffee is normal or decaf, it lowered the rate of mortality. This happens because of the many chemicals present in coffee and how they have an effect on our body for the better. The types of the chemical compounds present in coffee as include Chlorogenic acid, Trigonelline, Magnesium, Lignans, and Quinides.
It was concluded that it is because of these compounds that inflammation is not seen in the body. Chlorogenic acid is an antioxidant which reduces the heart diseases and occurrence of diabetes. Lignans on the other hand help in reducing cancer risks and breast cancer in particular. Quinides enhance the insulin action in the human body. As mentioned, coffee reduces the risk of having neurological diseases all due to the presence of Trigonelline in it.
Further, a research published in the New England Journal of Medicine also concluded that coffee consumption reduces the risk of death.
Lowering the risks of cancer, coffee does so due to the presence of antioxidants in it. Also the more coffee one drinks (read: four to five cups), the more it reduces the risk.
The International Agency for Research on Cancer after making various studies has put coffee in group 3 from group 2B, where group 3 denotes that coffee is non-carcinogenic and group 2B denotes its possibly carcinogenic nature. Therefore, the age-old notion that coffee causes cancer is a myth now. They also inferred that coffee drinkers are less likely to get affected by cancer than non-coffee drinkers. This is perhaps because the antioxidants that coffee contains kill the cancer cells.
The positive benefits of coffee on human health
- Studies show that drinking more than three cups of coffee a day will reduce the risk of oral cancer by about 35 percent.
- Women will get less affected by uterine cancer if they have at least two cups of coffee daily. Similarly, drinking more than 5 cups of coffee a day for men will decrease prostate cancer by almost 45 percent.
- In terms of reducing the risk of brain cancer, 4 cups of coffee a day is a must.
- Colon cancer risk is lowered by drinking at least a cup of coffee a day. People who are already affected by colon cancer can reduce the risk of bowel cancer by 30 percent by drinking three cups of coffee daily after surgery. This study is also supported by many other surveys.
- In women, breast cancer risk is reduced by drinking two cups of coffee. Also if along with coffee, the breast cancer medicines are consumed together, it reduces the chances of breast cancer by more than 50 percent. This survey was conducted among the patients in Sweden.
- One cup of coffee reduces the risk of liver cancer. Hepatocellular carcinoma is a type of liver cancer whose occurrence can be reduced by 25 percent with two or more cups of coffee a day.
- A recent study in the United States of America it is found out that drinking coffee about two cups daily can reduce the risk of endometrial cancer which is so prone in the country.
- A journal known as the Experimental Hematology & Oncology published that the caffeine in the coffee contains some proteins which attack the cancer cells in the lungs and stops it from growing.
- Melanoma, a type of skin cancer can be prevented by regular consumption of coffee as stated after a survey conducted by the National Cancer Institute.
The world health organization has also taken back its statement which concluded that coffee is a possible carcinogen. It has also said that that due to the various proteins in caffeine and antioxidants contained in coffee reduces the risk of many types of cancer. But one must be careful to not to drink sizzling coffee because it could increase the risk of throat cancer.
You find this article by searches related to following terms:
- coffee benefits liver
- coffee benefits and side effects
- Coffee Benefits
- coffee benefits for men
- coffee benefits for face
- coffee benefits reddit
- coffee benefits for hair
- coffee benefits and cons
- coffee benefits 2017
- coffee benefits skin